The Brussels Co-Production Forum that used to be organized by the Be Film Festival, from now on integrates the Brussels International Film Festival! We are launching a call for projects for the third edition of Brussels Co-Production forum, to be held during the Brussels International Film Festival (20.06 > 30.06). The forum will take place from 25th to 27th June 2018 in Flagey (Place Sainte-Croix, 1050 Ixelles).
The Brussels International Film Festival (BRIFF) aims at gathering the public and industry professionals around Belgian and international cinema, and, during the first days of summer, to make of Brussels not only the capital of Belgium and Europe, but also one of the seventh art.
The most important and emblematic cinemas and institutions of the city are partnering with the festival’s team to welcome the audience during a festive event, dedicated to its public. Three competitions will be organized: a National competition, presenting a panorama of the best Belgian film production of the year; a European competition, focusing on emerging directors with an « auteur » point of view and a distinctive style; and an International competition, a selection of films that were presented in the most well-known festivals and that are accessible to a more mainstream, wide audience.
The Brussels co-production forum is an initiative aiming to promote co-productions partnership among Belgian and international producers. The Brussels co-production forum has two sections:
- Section 1: International features projects in development looking for Belgian a minority co-producer. Here are the selected projects this year:
- Abbababb by Ásgrímur Sverrisson produced by Julius Kemp – Fiction – Iceland.
- Blanche, Rose et Marguerite by Nathalie Borgers produced by Ursula Wolschlager – Fiction – Austria.
- Coco’s Adventures by Coco Wouters produced by Kerstin Übelacker – Documentary – Sweden.
- Heart of Darkness by Stevan Filipović produced by Stefan Mladenović – Fiction -Serbia.
- Salut Monde Infernal ! by Cyril de Gasperis produced by Cyril de Gasperis – Fiction – France
- Sleepless Daphne by Natasha Markou produced by Natasha Markou – Fiction – United-Kingdom.
- The Wilderness by Alexandra Boyd produced by Dan Milne – Fiction – United-Kingdom.
- When the fucking spring is in the air by Danyael Sugawara produced by Trent – Fiction – The Netherlands
- Section 2: Belgian features projects in development looking for a international or Belgian minority co-producer. Here are the selected projects this year:
- Temps Mort(Time Out) by Jonas d’Adesky produced by Aurélien Bodinaux – Néon Rouge – Fiction.
- The Maestro’s room by Valérie F. Sieuw produced by Jean-Luc Van Damme – Happy Moon Productions – Fiction.
- Four days in beauty I walked by Xavier Lukomski produced by Daniel De Valck – Cobra Films – Documentary.
- Fractal by Simon Heymans produced by Joao Vinhas – Movykon sprl – Fiction.
- 25.06 – morning: Pitching session of the international projects in the presence of a wide range of Belgian producers. Each project will have a chance to screen the work-in-progress and to pitch the film and its specific needs. Each project will have 15 minutes (excl. screening of work-in-progress) – questions included. The producers are asked to prepare their intervention in order to provide a clear presentation of their project and facilitate one-to-one meetings.
- 25.06 – afternoon: One-to-one meetings (30 minutes per meeting) with Belgian professionals will take place in continuity of the precedent pitching.
- 26.06 – morning: Pitching session of the Belgian projects in the presence of international and Belgian producers. Each project will have a chance to screen the work-in-progress and to pitch the film and its specific needs. Each project will have 15 minutes (excl. screening of work-in-progress) – questions included.
- 26.06 – afternoon & 27.06: One-to-one meetings (30 minutes per meeting) with Belgian professionals.
You are a Belgian producer?
You can participate to the forum in two ways :
- You have a project in development and you are looking for a co-producer? You can propose your project to the Belgian Feature Projects section. Click here
- You want to co-produce a project as a minority producer? You can subscribe to meet the producers who will be selected both in the international section and the Belgian section. Click here
You are a foreign producer?
You can participate to the forum in two ways :
- You have a project in development and you are looking for a Belgian co-producer? You can propose your project to the International Features Projects. Click here
- You want to know about more about the Belgian film market and join the production of a Belgian project? You can subscribe to meet the Belgian producers who will be selected in the Belgian section. Click herePlease note that the Brussels International Film Festival doesn’t take charge of the transport or the accommodation of the foreigner producers who ONLY participate in this section of the forum. You’ll be accredited to the Brussels International Film Festival.