The Be Film Festival is organising a second co-production Forum, to be held during the Be Film Festival on 19th and 20th December 2017.
The Brussels co-production forum is an initiative aimed at promoting partnership co-productions among Belgian and European producers. One of the major specificities of this co-production forum is that the projects selected will be majority-owned abroad and seeking Belgian minority co-producers.
For this second edition, we received projects from United-Kingdom, Switzerland, Iceland, France, Turkey, Croatia, Italy, Romania, Serbia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia and Albania !
Finally, 8 projects have been selected to participate :
1. Assandira by Salvatore Mereu produced by Salvatore Mereu – Fiction – Italy
2. Atlas by Niccolò Castelli produced by Vili Hermann – Fiction – Switzerland.
3. Dvēseļu putenis (Blizzard of Souls) by Dzintars Dreibergs produced by Inga Pranevska – Fiction – Latvia
4. Concrete Plans by Will Jewell produced by Kathy Speirs and Rob Alexander – Fiction – United-Kingdom.
5. Mavka. The Forest Song by Oleksandra Ruban produced by Iryna Kostyuk – Animation – Ukraine
6. Stealing Speed by James Erskine produced by Victoria Gregory – Fiction – United-Kingdom.
7. Budi Bog s nama (The Great Tram Robbery) by Slobodan Šijan produced by Marko Paljić – Fiction -Serbia.
8. Zatopek by David Ondříček produit by Daria Spackova – Fiction – Czech Republic
The co-production forum will take place in two parts:
1. 19/12 (morning): Pitching session, in the presence of producers, funding partners, TV producers and distributors. Each project will have a chance to screen the work-in-progress and to pitch the film and its specific needs. Each project will have 15 minutes of presentation (excl. screening of work-in-progress) – questions included.
2. 19/12 (afternoon) and 20/12: One-to-one meetings (30 minutes) with professionals will take place in continuity of the precedent pitching, and will be held in Bozar – Centre for Fine Arts.
The working language of Brussels co-production forum is English; thus, a good knowledge of English is essential in order to participate.
The applications to the Brussels co-production forum are now closed. Thank you to the candidates for submitted their projects. The selected projects will be announced by the beginning of December.
Belgian producers can still register to the forum by filling the following form>>>